ARM-based processor Chromebooks are not supported at this time.
The following need to be ran from the Terminal App one line at a time:
sudo apt install libnss3 libnotify4 libsecret-1-0 fuse
wget https://download.beeper.com/linux/appImage/x64 -O Beeper.AppImage
These are the steps to install Beeper Desktop on your ChromeOS device.
1. Install the Nautilus file manager by running the below command on the Terminal.
sudo apt-get install nautilus
2. Open the Chrome OS launcher and look for the Linux apps folder. It usually sits on the first page. Now, open the “Files” app. This is the Nautilus file manager that we just installed.
3. Download the AppImage program from Beeper and move it to the “Linux files” section. You can do so from the default “Files” app of Chrome OS.
4. Open the Linux files app (Nautilus) and right-click on the AppImage program. After that, click on “Properties”.
5. Move to the “Permissions” tab and enable the “Execute” checkbox. Now, Beeper is ready to be executed.
6. Finally, double-click the AppImage program for Beeper. That's it!
From now on, just double-click, and Beeper will open up.