Telegram - Getting Started Guide
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Setup: Select Telegram on Chat Networks (from the Gear icon menu on the top left of the desktop Beeper app), click Start, and follow the instructions to log in to your Telegram account.
- Phone Number: When connecting, enter your phone number, including your country code.
- Two-factor authentication: You may receive the two-factor authentication code sent to your other Telegram devices (i.e., your smartphone) instead of a code via SMS.
Network Functionality Limitations:
- Secret Chats: Not Supported.
- Group Chat Read Receipts: Not Supported
- Large Rooms: We do not support rooms that have more than 10k members
Frequently Asked Questions:
I did not get my 2-factor auth code.
- Please check both your Telegram app and SMS. It should be in one of those.
We're here to make sure things go smoothly! Please message us in your Beeper Support ( or Beeper Help) room or at firstname.lastname@example.org.