Linking: Select Signal on Chat Networks (from the Gear icon menu on the top left of the desktop Beeper app), click Start, and follow the instructions to scan a QR code from the Signal app on your phone.
- QR Code: Beeper will display a QR code when you start setting up Signal.
- Then open the Signal app on your smartphone, go to settings, then Linked Devices, and click the + sign.
- Scan the QR code and wait 45-60 seconds (do not leave the page)
- Historical Messages: No initial history synced, but any new messages received will be in Beeper moving forward.
- Message Redactions: Not supported.
- Disappearing Messages: Supported.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I delete the Signal app from my phone after connecting?
- No, you must keep the Signal app installed on your phone, but you can disable notifications.
We're here to make sure things go smoothly! Send us a message in your Beeper Support (or Beeper Help) room or at firstname.lastname@example.org.