2FA Authentication Pre-requisites:
- Messenger two-factor authentication must be enabled on your Facebook account first before configuring Messenger inside Beeper.
- Only SMS 2FA is supported at this time. If you have more than one 2FA configured ensure that only SMS is enabled.
- Go to https://www.facebook.com/security/2fac/settings and sign in with your Facebook password.
- Set up two-factor authentication and make sure it is on.
- If you are having trouble and are not receiving an SMS verification code, please ensure you're not using a third-party authenticator app.
- Setup: Select Facebook on Chat Networks (from the Gear icon menu on the top left of the desktop Beeper app), click Start, ensure you have a 2FA setup, and follow the instructions to log in to your Facebook account.
- Beeper servers are located in a variety of different locations, so the map may show a different city.
- If you are logged into any Facebook apps with the same account you are trying to use in Beeper, watch out for login confirmations from those apps. They sometimes will block logging into Beeper until confirmed in the Facebook apps.
- Stories/Reels/Posts Sharing: Not supported.
- End-to-end encrypted chats: Not supported
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Does Beeper work with Messenger on Facebook pages?
- Messenger bridge is designed to work with regular user messenger app
- Logging in with a phone number that is not US-based results in an error. What can I do?
- Use your email. Currently, Beeper does not support login with non-US-based phone numbers.
We're here to make sure things go smoothly! Send us a message in your Beeper Help room or at firstname.lastname@example.org.