- Setup: Select Instagram on Chat Networks (from the Gear icon menu on the top left of the desktop Beeper app), click Start, and follow the instructions to login to your Instagram account with your Instagram username and password
2-Factor authentication: In your mobile Instagram app, you may need to turn on 2-factor authentication if you cannot initially connect Instagram to Beeper. A code will be sent through a mobile number or an authenticator app.
- Do not use WhatsApp 2FA for Instagram!
Prompt to verify your login: You may receive a prompt to confirm login on your Instagram app. Please go to the Instagram app on your phone and approve the login.
- Beeper servers are located in a variety of different locations, so the map may show a different city.
- Beeper will show up as an Android phone, usually a Pixel 6
- Posts, Reels/Video, Story Shares: Not Supported.
- New DM Requests: Not supported. You'll need to accept messages from people that don't follow you in the app.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Can I use my Facebook login to sign in?
- Logging in with a phone number that is not US based results in an error. What can I do?
- Use your email or username. At this time, Beeper does not support login with non-US based phone numbers.
- The person that I'm talking to has an outdated avatar profile picture. How can I fix it?
- At this time, it is not possible to update instagram avatars ondemand. There is no workaround for this.
We're here to make sure things go smoothly! Please message us in your Beeper Support (or Beeper Help) room or at firstname.lastname@example.org.