Discord - Getting Started Guide
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Select Discord on Chat Networks (from the Gear icon menu on the top left of the desktop Beeper app), click Start, follow instructions, and log in to your Discord account in the open window.
- Login Verification: You might receive a login verification email or SMS. Please confirm the login location to continue.
- QR Code (recommended): Scan a QR code with your Discord mobile app (it can take up to a minute to load the QR code).
- Select Servers: Once you connect your account, you can select which servers to connect in to Beeper and click the 'Bridge Server' button. Wait 10-20 seconds after adding each server.
- Notifications: When you connect Discord to Beeper, notifications will be turned off on Discord in mobile.
Network Functionality Limitations:
- Read Receipts: Not Supported.
- Historical Messages: Unsupported. No history will be synced.
- Emoji Reactions: Custom emojis are not supported currently.
- Threading: We don't support this right now, but we're working on it.
- New Contact Requests: We don't support them currently.
- Voice/Video: Not supported.
- Large Servers: Current bridge is not suitable for large servers. We are working on it.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Does Discord bridge both channels and DMs by default?
- Beeper will sync Discord DMs only by default.
- You can add individual servers/guilds one at a time in the chat networks dialog for Discord by selecting from the dropdown and clicking Bridge Server, and they will appear at the top left side of the Beeper app on your desktop.
Can I add multiple accounts?
- Yes, but please setup one at a time and space them out
Disconnect Individual Discord Servers
- To disconnect (or "unbridge) an individual Discord Server, follow the steps in this article.
We're here to make sure things go smoothly! Please send us a message in your Beeper Support ( or Beeper Help) room or at firstname.lastname@example.org.