Although it's on our roadmap, the ability to delete chat rooms bridged to Beeper is currently unavailable.
Can entire chats be deleted or removed from Beeper?
Although this is not yet possible, here are some workarounds:
- First, use the Mark as Low priority, and Archive features in Beeper apps to hide unwanted chats from your Inbox. (Keep in mind that chats marked as Low priority won't notify you of new incoming messages.)
- If it's specifically a WhatsApp or Telegram chat, deleting it from the native app will remove it from Beeper too.
- On supported networks, you can remove individual/unwanted messages. Note that this will remove the messages from your native apps too. Please refer to the Beeper network support matrix for the level of support for this specific feature on each chat network.
One possible solution would be to delete those messages directly on the native network, then delete your connection from Beeper (this will delete all your chats for this network), then reconnect this network in Beeper. This will ensure that the deleted chat is no longer in Beeper.
- Note: Tread carefully. In specific networks, we do not import history. Only do this if you definitely need to delete a conversation from a network. You might lose all the chat history.
- The ability to delete Beeper chats (with the Beeper logo next to them) is available.