- Pre-requisite: In case you haven’t already, you must enable WhatsApp multi-device beta before connecting WhatsApp to Beeper.
- Linking: Select WhatsApp on Chat Networks (from the Gear icon menu on the top left of the desktop Beeper app), click Start, and follow the instructions to scan a QR code from the WhatsApp app on your phone. Do not navigate away from this view or click anywhere till the setup is complete, and you will see a confirmation.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Will WhatsApp statuses (aka stories) be shown in Beeper?
- Yes. If you do not want to see these, right click the message in the inbox and Archive the chat room called WhatsApp Status Broadcast
Can I connect two WhatsApp accounts?
- Not at this time.
If I remove a WhatsApp chat on Beeper, will I leave the chat on WhatsApp as well?
- No, it will only remove the chat from Beeper inbox.
Will view only once messages feature work the same way like it does on WhatsApp?
- No. Currently we don’t track when users open media and hence cannot support it in a similar fashion. Such messages will remain on Beeper as any other encrypted message.
How do we keep WhatsApp Archived chats as Archived?
- We recommend that if you have WhatsApp chats you never want to see in your Inbox, to mark them as Low Priority in Beeper. This way, they are muted and will never be displayed on your inbox.
We're here to make sure things go smoothly! Send us a message in your Beeper Help room or at email@example.com.