Select Discord on Chat Networks (from the Gear icon menu on the top left of the desktop Beeper app), click Start, follow instructions, and log in to your Discord account in the open window.
- Login Verification: You might receive a login verification email or SMS. Please confirm the login location to continue.
- QR Code (recommended): Scan a QR code with your Discord mobile app (it can take up to a minute to load the QR code).
- Select Servers: Once you connect your account, you can select which servers to connect in to Beeper and click the 'Bridge Server' button. Wait 10-20 seconds after adding each server.
- Notifications: When you connect Discord to Beeper, notifications will be turned off on Discord in mobile.
Network Functionality Limitations:
- Read Receipts: Not Supported.
- Historical Messages: Unsupported. No history will be synced.
- Emoji Reactions: Custom emojis are not supported currently.
- Threading: We don't support this right now, but we're working on it.
- New Contact Requests: We don't support them currently.
- Voice/Video: Not supported.
- Large Servers: Current bridge is not suitable for large servers. We are working on it.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I connect Discord Servers/Guilds to Beeper?
- Yes you can! In Beeper Desktop → Chat Networks → Discord, you can connect specific servers to Beeper
Does Discord bridge both channels and DMs by default?
- Beeper will sync Discord DMs only by default.
Disconnect Individual Discord Servers
- To disconnect (or “unbridge) an individual Discord Server, press ”Disconnect".
Does Discord bridge import my messages?
- Yes, Discord will import your last 50 messages on your DM chats.
We're here to make sure things go smoothly! Please send us a message in your Beeper Support ( or Beeper Help) room or at email@example.com.