It's our goal to deliver the best chat experience in the world and that includes the way you received and manage your messages notifications. Here you'll see our advised notifications setup for your devices.
After you have completed the setup process, we highly recommend disabling the native app notifications to avoid receiving double notifications.
By disabling the native app notifications, you can ensure that you will only receive notifications through Beeper, eliminating the risk of receiving multiple notifications for the same message.
How to set up Beeper Notifications on Mac?
To start, you can manage your Beeper Notifications on Mac. On your macOS device go to the Apple logo () on the top left corner > System Preferences > Notifications > Beeper
- From there your can manage your Beeper Notifications on Mac (macOS Ventura).
On this view you can enable “Allow notification” and select Banners or Alerts, your choice. You can also managed the following settings from here:
- Enable “Show notifications on Lock Screen”
- Enable “ Show in Notification Center”
- Enable “Badge application icon”
- Enable “Play sound for notification”
- Show Previews: Always or When Unlocked (Default if Always or When Unlocked us set as your default notifications previews settings.)
- Notification grouping: Automatic
How to set up Beeper Notifications on Windows?
You can manage your Windows notifications to affect Beeper. On your Windows device go to Settings > Notifications and actions:
- From there your can manage your Windows settings to affect Beeper:
On this view you can enable “Get notifications from apps and other senders”:
- Enable “Show notifications on the Lock Screen”
- Enable “Allow notifications to play sounds”
How to set up Beeper Notifications on iOS?
You can manage your Beeper Notifications in iOS Settings. On your iOS or iPadOS device, go to Settings app > Notifications:
- From here you can manage your overall iOS Notifications, If you want to see them as Count, Stack or List.
Then, you can go directly to Beeper under the list. This are the recommended settings:
- Notification Delivery: Immediate Delivery.
- Alerts: All enabled (Lock Screen, Notification Center, Banners).
- Banner Style: Your choice.
- Sounds: Enabled.
- Badges: Enabled.
- Announce Notifications: Your choice.
- Lock Screen Appearance: Show Previews Always or When Unlocked; Notification Grouping: Automatic
How to set up Beeper Notifications on Android?
You can manage your Beeper Notifications within Beeper. On your Beeper Android app go to the Gear icon > Settings > Notifications > Configure Default Notifications:
This are the recommended setup for Beeper on Android:
- Enable “Show notifications”
- Enable “Pop on screen”
- Sound to Default
- Enable "Vibration"
- Lock Screen: Your choice although recommended.
- Enable “Show notification dot”
Note: Every Android manufacturer has their own magical way of integrating some special way of presenting notifications, so you milage may vary on these. The recommendations above are specifically for Pixel devices.