Here's what to do if you ever find your app in this state: Unable to decrypt: The sender has disabled encrypting to unverified devices. instead of your messages, sent or received.
- Make sure you have your Recovery Code on hand.
- The Recovery Code was provided to you during your initial onboarding.
- Beeper Support doesn't have access to this code as it's created by the app on the onboarding.
- If you find yourself needing to reset your Recovery Code, please follow the steps in this article: Lost or Need to Reset Your Recovery Code? Start here!
- Sign out from the app you're seeing this error.
- Beeper Desktop: Gear icon > Sign out
- Beeper Android: Your avatar > Settings > General > Sign Out
- Beeper iOS: Gear icon > Sign out
- Sign in to the app and when asked to verify the session, skip the verification by QR Code and enter your Recovery Code.
Now you should be able to see your messages.