Are you trying to set up your iMessage connection in Beeper but not getting the two-factor authentication code because you don't have an Apple device? Don't worry! You can still sign in by creating an app-specific password.
Prerequisites to create an Apple app-specific password:
- Apple ID account in good standing.
- Two-factor authentication must be already enabled.
How do you create an app-specific password to use it with Beeper?
- Sign in to appleid.apple.com.
- In the Sign-In and Security section, select App-Specific Passwords.
- Select Generate an app-specific password or select the , then follow the steps on your screen. You can label this password “Beeper” for your record.
- Enter or paste the app-specific password into Beeper Desktop > Gear > Chat Networks > iMessage password field.