The setup for SMS (Android) is slightly different. You will find instructions if you select SMS (Android) on Chat Networks (from the Gear icon menu on the top left of the desktop Beeper app), but the setup is from your Beeper Android app.
- On your Android phone:
- Install and open Beeper Android.
- Enable Beeper to be your default SMS app
- Accept required permissions
|Renaming group chats||Creating Group Chats|
|Receiving files other than photos and video|
Frequently Asked Questions:
Does Beeper sync RCS messages?
- Beeper does not support RCS at this time. However, these chats are viewable in Beeper and can use SMS instead.
Can I use Signal or another app as my default SMS app?
- To use the SMS bridge, Beeper has to be set as the default app
Can my Android SMS number be linked to my iMessage bridge?
- No. SMS forwarding for active SIMs on iPhones is a separate feature/bridge available via iMessage bridge
Can I use SMS when I only have Wi-Fi and no cellular connectivity?
- No. You must have a valid connection to your carrier in order to send SMS.
We're here to make sure things go smoothly! Please send us a message in your Beeper Help room or at firstname.lastname@example.org
When submitting a report for Android SMS, please use the "Report Bug" option from your Android Beeper app.